Squarecap offers two levels of integration with popular learning management systems:
- Our Canvas API Integration allows teachers and students to use Squarecap with their existing Canvas credentials (single sign-on). Teachers can import their courses and rosters directly from Squarecap to Canvas, as well as upload Squarecap grades directly and automatically to Canvas.
- Our LTI integration allows students to access Squarecap content directly from their LMS and allows teachers to upload grades directly from Squarecap to Canvas.
Before enabling an integration, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions concerning security, FERPA compliance, or accessibility.
Enabling a Canvas API Integration
To enable an API integration with Squarecap:
- Log into your Canvas instance as an administrator.
- Click on Admin, then click on your school's account name
- Click on Developer Keys > Add Developer Key > API Key
- Fill in the following information, leaving all other fields blank:
- Click Save Key
- Under the newly created Developer Key, click Show Key
- Copy both the Developer Key and ID, and send this information to email@example.com through your preferred secure channel
Note: At this time, Squarecap doesn't support API scope enforcement.
Squarecap is a Certified Canvas Partner.
Adding Squarecap as an LTI Tool Provider
For LTI integrations, Squarecap will generate a secret and key combination for administrators to use for tool setup. To request a key and secret, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you've obtained a key and secret from us, add us as a tool provider to your learning management system.
Follow these instructions to add a new LTI tool provider. Navigate to the Register Provider Domain form, then fill in the following information:
- Provider Domain: https://www.squarecap.com
- Provider Domain Status: Approved
- Default Configuration: Set globally
- Key and Secret: Enter the values provided by email@example.com
- Send User Data: Send user data only over SSL
- User Fields to Send: ✓ Role in Course, ✓ Name, ✓ Email
Finally, click Submit.
Note: Instructions specific to Moodle, Sakai, and Brightspace coming soon. If you're using an LMS other than Canvas or Blackboard, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work directly with you to enable an integration for your LMS.