This article only applies if you are NOT using the Canvas LMS sign in.
If this is your first course in Squarecap (adding a course if you already have your first course in Squarecap is described below)
As a teacher you must first sign up for an account on Squarecap.com and create your course for the semester.
- Find your school on Squarecap—https://www.squarecap.com/sign_up
- Sign up as a "Teacher" with your school email ID and create a password
- Enter your account details:
- You will be asked to enter your course details
- Add your course sections if any
Teachers can either use a student roster to facilitate student sign up or allow students to find and sign up for courses on their own.
- Upload your student roster
Rosters must be in a .csv format (which you can download from your LMS). Only four fields are required with the column header in ()
- First Name (first name)
- Last Name (last name)
- School ID (ID)
- Email Address (email)
Once roster has been uploaded successfully, the number of student records identified is displayed. Squarecap can send email invitations to students on the roster. Students follow the email invitation to create an account on Squarecap account and join the course
- If you choose not to upload your roster, your students can find your course on Squarecap.com and add themselves to it.
- Now you are ready to start creating sessions in Squarecap and start your semester
To add a new course
- From the top-right dropdown, select Course Settings
- Click on Create New Course